2016年5月26日 星期四

0525-粉-Don't fear to fail

When I was ten, I spent weeks worrying about a school concert. I was terrified I would play badly and that my classmates will laugh at me. I told my dad about my fear, he said, I should think of it as an opportunity to be brave. Courage doesn't mean not being afraid, it means doing what you need to do even when you feel afraid, fear doesn't have to paralyze you.

Fear of failure is part of life. People worry about tests at school, and presentations at work (???), others are afraid to start a business or to speak English to a foreigner.

But should you fear mistakes? No, failure can move you toward success. It can teach you what you need to do to improve. You gain skills by trying risky things. Even if they don't work out. When I was learning Chinese, mistakes sometimes helped me . when friend corrected my mistakes. It's actually helped me remember the right word.

沒有留言:

張貼留言